Before you call for service check these things first:
1. Check the power to your furnace- look for any tripped circuit breakers
2. Check that the furnace switch is in the “on” position
3. Check the fresh air intake and exhaust- if your fresh air intake and exhaust runs through the side of the home it may be affected by leaves or insects.
4. Check your thermostat- Make sure that the thermostat is set to “heat” and that it is set to a temperature high enough for the furnace to come on.
5. Check the batteries of the thermostat- always replace batteries when you see a warning for low battery.
6. Check your filter- filters trap dust, hair and other particles in the air and sometimes get so full of debris that they restrict the air flow through your furnace system. We recommend that you change your filter every 1-3 months. If you have pets once a month is beneficial.
If you have tried these 6 steps and your furnace will still not start, call us at 226-220-7275 and we will send one of our licensed technicians over to decipher the problem.
Gasko Heating and Cooling Inc. we are here for you 24/7!